Sunday, October 23, 2005

First Snowfall of Fall '05.

The morning of October 23rd, I woke up and had enough sleep. It was 8am and I was laying in bed looking at the window. I noticed something weird, it was a little brighter, notice something white on pine trees, and the roof was dripping water. The sun was trying to break through the clouds. I got out of bed quick and looked out the window, there was snow all over the yard, I checked the backyard and it was really snow. I thought to myself, it is October 23rd, I do not think I have seen snow that early. Before I went out around noon, the snow was gone.

Later during the day, I asked my friends from work and they said, "Snow!?" I said "Yea, there was snow on the grass this morning." They did not even see snow yet this year. I sat down and thinking why they did not get snow and realized I live higher from the ground and kind of on the mountain. That explains! It has gotten really cold and in the early 40's during the day.

It definitely will be a long winter in Vermont! They are calling for snow on Wednesday around the mountains (2-4 inches). We'll see if snow will land on our yard. :)

1 Comments:

At 10/26/05, 6:45 AM , Blogger LARRY said...

Yes, it has definitely been cold! There's already snow in northern MD. Early winter, eh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home