Sunday, October 02, 2005

Harpoon Festival!

Lauren and I finally went to Harpoon Festival "Octoberfest" in Boston for the first time! We drove to meet Heather, Alejo then took the train to Boston. When we arrived, they were smart enough to provide shuttle buses to the festival *whew*. The Harpoon Festival was at the beer factory. It cost $12 to get in and they give out free plastic cups to use and to keep it as a souvenir. I bought 5 tokens = 5 yummy beers! There were plenty of choices and was so fresh and delicious! It was chilly that night and I had to force myself to buy a ski hat bc my hair is short. When the festival ended, we went to White Horse Bar, not far from Fenway Park. It was packed because the New York Yankees were in town to race for the division champion against the Red Sox. I had several beers and I was drunk! I haven't drank much lately. It was a lot of fun and definitely coming back to the next festival in the spring.

Lauren and I stayed at Heather's in Natick for the night. The next morning, we all were so exhausted and were airheads. We decided to stay longer and chill with Heather watching tv and baseball. Finally, Lauren and I had the energy to leave for dinner at Chef Orient with Alejo then and headed back to Brattleboro. When we arrived back, were were so exhausted and went right to sleep. Thank you Heather for letting us stay overnight. :P

I hope to get some pictures from the festival. :) Harpoon Brewery information, click on Harpoon Festival! (above)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home